Saturday, February 14, 2015

Moisturizers yall


I turned 26 years old last year, I know I know that's still young! nobody is saying that that's old. I live in Utah which is the driest state here in the US. My skin just hasn't been the same! Before I could get away with not wearing a moisturizer after washing my face! I thank my Asian Hispanic good skin gene to that.  I would say my skin is combination of dry with oily T zone. But before until last year my skin was more like normal skin, meaning no dryness just some normal oil on the T zone area.
Well that is not the case anymore! I feel my skin is way dry now! is it the aging? too much dryness can be bad for your skin, it can cause wrinkles! Although my mom didn't have much wrinkles! I do practice resting bitch face on pictures but in my daily life I can be pretty expressive with my facial expressions.

I have been trying different moisturizers since last year because of my dry face. At this point I don't care about my t zone! lets just get to the point! I found my favorite! who knows it might change tomorrow or next month but at this moment I am happy with what I have found.
these are the list of things I tried and my thoughts on them! hope you find it helpful! If you have any question don't hesitate to ask me! I would love to help my ladies or gents out there!



1, Hope in a jar this I find to be absolute crap. it smells nasty in my opinion and doesn't do anything! The name makes it sound hopeful right? well.. it was not for me! Next!

2, Tarte Maracuja oil Its all about the oil lately. I have this for 2 years! so it lasts for a really long time. I use this under my moisturizer at night only. I do feel like it helps! its one of those things you do just for the hell of it. But I haven't had any problems with it. I wouldn't say its a miracle oil but its worth a try!

3, Embryolisse lait-Creme Concentre  THIS IS IT!!!!!!! you guys! my hg product at the moment! This has been around for decades for a reason! and its French! not hat it matters. haha for day time I use this lightly and at night I lather my face and neck in this! sooooo good! its great under makeup and it has a nice clean scent. please try this! if you are skeptical there is a smaller size!

4, Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream That's a mouth full! I have had high hopes for this guy. Good thing I only got the smaller size! I wouldn't say it was bad but it just didn't moisturize enough. it smells super good! this might be better in the summer time since its light.

5, Nars Restorative Night Treatment This was alright. Its a funny product tho, its like jelly oil. I do feel like sometimes it just sits on my face and my skin doesn't drink it up like my embryolisse. And it is pretty pricey! But Nars is my fav so I tried. I would use it until its gone but I'm not drying over it.

I don't know if you noticed but I don't like SPF in my moisturizers. If you are anything like me some days I don't get out of the house. Therefor I don't need SPF. I wear foundation that has SPF so I'm not worried about it. I just hate SPF, its so gross!

I hope I didn't rant too too much! I am a beauty junky and LOVE trying different thing. I hope to come with more posts like this one!

What I want to try next is...Kate Somerville Goat milk cream, and La Mer.



Besos.


2 comments:

  1. I so needed this post! My skin is always so dry, so I'm always looking for great moisturizers! I am going to try the Embryolisse lait-Creme Concentre! But here's my question: I live outside so I need the SPF and I wear very little foundation-does it come with SPF in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behka!! I'm so glad you are here!! Unfortunately it doesn't come with spf!!! Maybe you can put on some BB cream! It has a little bit of coverage, with SPF. It doesn't feel like wearing foundation at all!!

    ReplyDelete